I think you should go back in and work on your line quality. And maybe work on the surf board outline a little. I would also up the contrast a bit when you take your picture. This is really clean and has really good visual balance but i think the line quality would really help.
Philip - I like where you are going with this piece but at this point I want to know what your larger vision is? You have a wonderful illustrative drawing style and now I want to know more of the story to the artwork. Are the towels wet? Is there water somewhere in the picture? As Ryan suggested, can you use line to create greater emphasis on certain parts? What can you do to give the viewer more visual clues so that your image is about something? Keep going with this as just a bit more development will take it from good to great.
I really like this piece, the folds in the towels look great! Also the perspective is really great. I like the washed our colors; it reflects on the beachy setting of the piece.
I think you should go back in and work on your line quality. And maybe work on the surf board outline a little. I would also up the contrast a bit when you take your picture. This is really clean and has really good visual balance but i think the line quality would really help.
ReplyDeletePhilip - I like where you are going with this piece but at this point I want to know what your larger vision is? You have a wonderful illustrative drawing style and now I want to know more of the story to the artwork. Are the towels wet? Is there water somewhere in the picture? As Ryan suggested, can you use line to create greater emphasis on certain parts? What can you do to give the viewer more visual clues so that your image is about something? Keep going with this as just a bit more development will take it from good to great.
ReplyDeleteI really like this piece, the folds in the towels look great! Also the perspective is really great. I like the washed our colors; it reflects on the beachy setting of the piece.
ReplyDelete