Monday, March 21, 2011

Breadth #6


I tried to arrange a limited number of objects on a flat plane to create implied structure and anomoly.

5 comments:

  1. I like the project overall. I think your use of materials is good and your texture is really nice. The only thing I can think of to improve this would be to try and look at it upside down. I think its as interesting if not more interesting upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good piece. I like the texture you used as well as the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really cool, it reminds me of something exploding. i like ryans idea of looking at it from a different perspective. what if you burned some of it too? haha idk just a thought

    ReplyDelete
  4. this reminds me of an asian flower. it is SO cool! the colors are strong and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Philip- This is a strong design with a creative use of materials! My only suggestion is to take smaller glass fragments and perhaps add them slightly to the bottom of the artwork for greater horizontal balance? I also would almost like to see something sculptural emerge from the middle. Perhaps you could cut up a water bottle into strips, paint it red, and add to the glass pieces to add a final layer that actually emerges towards the viewer? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete