This is an ostrich, not to be confused with the emu. I wanted to focus on texture and flow and contour lines. I consider my strongest works to be my contour line peices so i decided to try out scratch board.
Good start to this Philip! Can you re-post this with your completed background so that we can compare your object to the textured background that you also created!
You did a nice job handling the scratch board and I would encourage you to try this medium again - maybe with color?
This is my favorite piece of yours Philip. I think the picture doesn't do it justice, in person it looks even more detailed clean and meticulous than in the photograph. I think some digital editing or possibly a re-shoot would help. I like this piece without the background personally. I can also appreciate this piece after very unsuccessfully trying to use scratch board. Well done.
This is great. I really love the texture of the feathers and the body. I also like the balance between the black and white.
ReplyDeleteThe attention to detail in the feather is really great and the overall technique looks very good also. The proportions of the ostrich look very nice!!
ReplyDeleteThis has great contrast, but there's a lot of empty space at the top.
ReplyDeleteGood start to this Philip! Can you re-post this with your completed background so that we can compare your object to the textured background that you also created!
ReplyDeleteYou did a nice job handling the scratch board and I would encourage you to try this medium again - maybe with color?
This is my favorite piece of yours Philip. I think the picture doesn't do it justice, in person it looks even more detailed clean and meticulous than in the photograph. I think some digital editing or possibly a re-shoot would help. I like this piece without the background personally. I can also appreciate this piece after very unsuccessfully trying to use scratch board. Well done.
ReplyDelete