Thursday, November 4, 2010

Horse Heads (Concentration 7)
For this piece... i did a lot. The horse head that is repeated throughout the peice is actually a piece fomr last year. Last year, however, i used prisma colors and contour lines. This year i took that piece and worked over it with acrylics. I mixed acrylics to get almost the exact same color and went over it. The paint gave it a more solid and balanced appearance, as aopposed to the half colored appearance of the dried up prisma color. The i scanned it onto the computer, repeated it in three by four rows, and printed four sheets. I put the sheets down to unify the entire piece. I think it looks better in person... the lighting was no good.

6 comments:

  1. nice use of photo shop. You could increase the color in the face of thr horse to make it stnad out because right now its kinda watered down brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the color is fine, actually... Maybe it's your monitor Sarah, because it looks red and pink to me.

    But anyway, PHILIP. I think this is an excellent example of you demonstrating strong design elements (namely repetition. Duhs). I also think you handled the individual shape of the horse's face extremely well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks georgia. and i didnt use photoshop sarah haha this is real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your use a repetition structure with the images of the horse's head. I also like the use of simple shapes to create the horse's face. All in all a very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The monochromatic background is a really nice touch. Congrats on taking an old piece and making it into a totally new piece of art. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Philip - Nicely done! I like the sense of investigation that I am seeing in this work through the mark-making and repetition. I think I would like to see you work back onto your concentration statement so that you can be sure that each piece you are creating is following your idea.
    If you can, bring this piece to school soon and we will work together to get a good photograph of it.

    ReplyDelete