Monday, November 1, 2010

Concentration #6
This butterfly was kindof a random idea. I decided to use different paints to create different texture. I used india ink and acrylic paints as well as permanent marker. I wanted to abstract the flower and create a concentration of detail in the middle of the flower as well as on the butterfly.

3 comments:

  1. :D my day is now complete. You could work in the veins to make them more fluid and apart of the butterfly. nice touch with the splatter paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way this turned out and would want to see you do even more to it. What else can you layer in to create greater depth and variety to your work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Philip! Continue to develop greater contrast through visual texture, color, and value in this piece. I like where you are going with it and would simply want to see it more developed! :)

    ReplyDelete