phil i really like how you used a paper bag for the cow! I agree with sarah's comment on maybe have a dark spot under the cow so you can tell that he is laying down and not floating on grass. Speaking of the grass, I really like all the different shades you created in it. looks good!
Good work! I agree with the comments above and really like the mood that this piece creates. You demonstrate a subtle sensitivity to the subject that is quite nice. I think I would try two things....the first is that I would lift the cow off and add some darker sponging to the grass - especially in front. Then, I would probably layer back on top with a medium and then a light. Once you have done this, I would add the cow back on. If the cow at this point needs something, I would sponge some darker values onto the cow. However, you may or may not need to do this once you work on the grass.
Your cow could use some darker values and a shadow underneath it. I like how the words fade behind the hills like a sunset.
ReplyDeletephil i really like how you used a paper bag for the cow! I agree with sarah's comment on maybe have a dark spot under the cow so you can tell that he is laying down and not floating on grass. Speaking of the grass, I really like all the different shades you created in it. looks good!
ReplyDeleteGood work! I agree with the comments above and really like the mood that this piece creates. You demonstrate a subtle sensitivity to the subject that is quite nice. I think I would try two things....the first is that I would lift the cow off and add some darker sponging to the grass - especially in front. Then, I would probably layer back on top with a medium and then a light. Once you have done this, I would add the cow back on. If the cow at this point needs something, I would sponge some darker values onto the cow. However, you may or may not need to do this once you work on the grass.
ReplyDelete